Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
realllllJe
Paper Tape
Views: 242
Message 1 of 4

X1C 6th Gen IR Camera not working

I got the firmware updated yesterday via Lenovo Vantage. It's said to be successful. But after that, Windows Hello can never turn on the camera for sign in.

微信截图_20191126135513.png

It became super frustrating now. 

Anyone idea?

I've tried to find this firmware manually to re-install it. But didn't find it anywhere (though I found it for 5th Gen).

heltepelt
Paper Tape
Views: 235
Message 2 of 4

Re: X1C 6th Gen IR Camera not working

Same here with my 6th gen X1. First did not recognize the camera anymore and after uninstall the drivers etc. the infra red does blink but no recognition anymore. Before this update it worked flawlessly. 

Please advise Lenovo

realllllJe
Paper Tape
Views: 209
Message 3 of 4

Get the idea from another topic in the forum (here). But I got it fixed!

Google something like "The integrated IR Camera Device Firmware", and download a firmware offered for X1 Extreme (or other X series model). It seems they actually use the same firmware and we can't find the one tagged X1 carbon for some reason.

heltepelt
Paper Tape
Views: 127
Message 4 of 4

All, A lenovo engineer replaced my IR camera under Warranty (thanks) and now the face recogntion is functioning again.

The 'Chicony' update from 15-11-2019 caused all the issues and it even had an impact on the hardware. Costed me about 4 hours installing and de-installing al kind of drivers before I handed it over to Lenovo support. That hardware replacement fixed it instantly. 2019-12-08 14_29_19-Clipboard.png

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors