Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahura999
Fanfold Paper
Views: 435
Message 1 of 4

X1C 6th fan on during sleep

My laptop always seems to keep the fan on after shutting down the lid, for different amounts of time every time before the fan turns off completely. Sometimes, the fan will also be running later on while the lid is still closed. My battery also drains pretty quickly when in sleep mode - more than it should be, I believe. How can I fix this?

I'm also completely updated with windows, vantage, and lenovo's system update.

Lenovo Employee Samcheng
Lenovo Employee
Views: 403
Message 2 of 4

Re: X1C 6th fan on during sleep

After shut down the lid, how long will the fan work? if it is 10+ seconds, it is normal.

How about if enter sleep by press power button/Right-click start menu? 

pchc_lx
Punch Card
Views: 371
Message 3 of 4

This is a common complaint and (I believe) due to the 'Sleep Mode' used by the OS.  In BIOS you can select "Linux" style sleep mode.  You can also set your Power Options in Windows to "Hibernate" on lide close rather than "Sleep".  

I was also unhappy with this behaviour, if I have my laptop zipped into a soft case, inside my backpack, I really don't want that fan running... and the battery life is also a concern.

ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th 20KHCTO1WW w/ Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U
ahura999
Fanfold Paper
Views: 357
Message 4 of 4

It's weird because when in use, my laptop will not be running the fan in some light-load instances, and right after shutting the lid for it to go to sleep, it will start running the fan after 10 seconds, and I do not yet know when it will stop. However, what triggers the fan to run in the first place after closing the lid if it wasn't even running in the first place?

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors