Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johntu9k9
Paper Tape
Views: 356
Message 1 of 9

X1C 6th - short battery life

Hello,

Love the x1carbon in general but am having issues with the battery life as of 2 months ago. I used to get 9-10 hours and am now getting 5-6 hours on a full charge. I'm currently on BIOS 1.37 and am not seeing any issues with USB selective suspend which was an issue that some users had run into prior. For 2 weeks, I was getting issues with realtek audio drivers but that has since been patched I believe. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 305
Message 2 of 9

Re: X1C 6th - short battery life

Hi johntu9k9!

Welcome to the coomunity forums.

When did the issue start? Is there a recent change or update on the laptop prior to this issue? Could you try to perform a Power Drain https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/troubleshoot/lpt000352?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 and then after that, run and install all the available updates for your laptop using the Lenovo Vantage application. You can install the app from this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/lenovo-vantage/9wzdncrfj4mv#activetab=pivotSmiley Surprisedverviewtab - Once the updates are done, observe if you're still having the same issues.

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

johntu9k9
Paper Tape
Views: 274
Message 3 of 9

I generated some energy reports using powercfg/energy within the console prior to the updates and following the updates and would be happy to attach some snippets of them below. 

After performing the power drain and installing all updates available to me with Lenovo Vantage, I'm now seeing 5-6 hours of battery life when performing light browsing which is actually worse than before. Before, as long as I didn't open anything that used audio (Spotify, Youtube) etc, I could squeeze out around 7-8 hours of usage. 

johntu9k9
Paper Tape
Views: 218
Message 4 of 9

Hello, was wondering if there were any updates on your end? I'm generating the same report after updating to the latest updates via lenovo vantage and still seeing realtek audio related errors. 

JIHOODAD
Punch Card
Views: 174
Message 5 of 9

I'm having similar issues.  MAYBE 5 hours....MAYBE....more like 4 4.5.  I am pretty dilligent about keeping things up to date and have all the latest available drivers installed (through vantage).  I'm thinking it was the last bios update that did it....I'll admit the machine runs a lot cooler since the last update....but my battery life SUCKS!

-unhappy camper

JIHOODAD
Punch Card
Views: 128
Message 6 of 9

so if I fully charge my laptop and stream a movie to my TV via chromecast I get a WHOPPING 2.5 hrs!!!!   Nothing else running.   Am I wrong to think that kinda sucks? 

pi0neer
What's DOS?
Views: 84
Message 7 of 9

I also newly started having the same problems after an update last week or so.
Battery life has gone down drastically after an update.
Don't ask me which update... TT

I'll say I'm experiencing the same battery life as JIHOODAD.

Waiting to here from you guys.
I paid alot of money for this laptop! 

pi0neer
What's DOS?
Views: 78
Message 8 of 9

JIHOODAD
Punch Card
Views: 58
Message 9 of 9

Thats concerning battery drain during sleep....judging by the lack of response im guessing "it is what it is"....and the 15hr claim is if you turn the computer on and have it sit on the desktop all day....yeah it will run just sbout that long.  Sad thing is I chose this laptop for the battery life.  We all know we can get a much better spec laptop for the price that we paid....i honestly figured the lack of touch and a dedicated gpu would let me go all day without having to plug in.  Ill give it another month or so to see if they can figure something out...but i doubt it.  Plan is to fleabay this thing and get something better.  My daughters xps 13 runs longer with a 4k screen!  Was hoping to "get what i paid for"....a premium laptop...considering how expensive it was....

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors