cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccedwards
Fanfold Paper
Views: 258
Message 1 of 4

X1C WWAN options in Canada no longer available?

I was wondering why I am no longer able to order an X1C in Canada with WWAN, or if anyone knows a way to order one? I bought one back in October from Lenovo with the Ericsson card in it, but it does not seem to be available any longer online from Lenovo.

s0dhi
Serial Port
Views: 238
Message 2 of 4

Re: X1C WWAN options in Canada no longer available?

@ccedwards wrote:

I was wondering why I am no longer able to order an X1C in Canada with WWAN, or if anyone knows a way to order one? I bought one back in October from Lenovo with the Ericsson card in it, but it does not seem to be available any longer online from Lenovo.

I gave up waiting in mid-December and ended up ordering via the US using a money order.  Still haven't received the machine though.

ccedwards
Fanfold Paper
Views: 233
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the suggestion.

Are there warranty issues doing that? Can you still get on-site warranty in Canada with a US purchase? I know this is an international warranty product, but they say the warranty type can vary from the country of purchase.

I may try calling in on Monday to see if the Lenovo sales people can configure with WWAN.

s0dhi
Serial Port
Views: 222
Message 4 of 4

Regardless of the warranty you purchase, you get the highest/closest tier available in the region you're having the machined serviced in.

For us, getting a next-day on-site warranty between Canada and the US isn't an issue. It posses more of an issue if you have a next-day on-site warranty and are trying to get service in a region that doesn't have it. Then you have to settle with what is available there.

Short answer, you will still have warranty.

I had to order through the US to get the X1 Carbon configured with i7/8GB/256GB/WWAN. For some reason we can't get that config up here. I had to call in and work with a rep to get the machine ordered. Even then, the order was pending until they had processes the wire transfer (I didn't have a US CC), and the machine has to ship to a US address (my sister-in-law is going to receive and forward it up to me).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors