cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leestrange
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 797
Message 11 of 33

Re: X! latency with 2nd monitor. Cannot use.

Cannot take above solution as I need ethernet.  Only way to get this now is with replicator.  Also with only two USB ports, cannot do keyboard, mouse, ethernet, and security thumb drive without replicator of some typw.

ThorsHammer
Bit Torrent
Views: 785
Message 12 of 33

@leestrange wrote:

Cannot take above solution as I need ethernet.  Only way to get this now is with replicator.  Also with only two USB ports, cannot do keyboard, mouse, ethernet, and security thumb drive without replicator of some typw.

You aren't getting good performance out of WIFI?

Have you tried a simple USB hub for the mouse, keyboard and thumbs drive?

letterk
Punch Card
Views: 775
Message 13 of 33

@ThorsHammer wrote:

@leestrange wrote:

You aren't getting good performance out of WIFI?

Have you tried a simple USB hub for the mouse, keyboard and thumbs drive?

I have an application that requires wired network due to wireless potentially causing database corruption.  My hup is supposed to ship this next week so I'm anxious to test it out to see if I have the same problem. 

Lenovo has already stretched the truth" with the Lenovo Mobile Broadband claim.  I hope they didn't do the same with the hub or I'll be returning the X1 and hub.

ThorsHammer
Bit Torrent
Views: 769
Message 14 of 33

Re: X1C latency with 2nd monitor. Cannot use.

@letterk wrote:
I have an application that requires wired network due to wireless potentially causing database corruption.  My hub is supposed to ship this next week so I'm anxious to test it out to see if I have the same problem.

Tell the application programmers to investigate ACID.

Moderator Note: Edited subject to match content.

leestrange
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 736
Message 15 of 33

I think it is unacceptable to say your laptop and docking station (both made by Lenovo) will not allow you to use ethernet.  

As others have already noted, Lenovo is on the edge of a false advertising claim already with their slow NIC and Mobile Broadband claims.

Their is just no reason a product should be sold that claims can be used as monitor, ethernet, and additional USB ports but does not work.

I am downloading the newest Port Replicator software Monday when get to the office and hope this works ....

ThorsHammer
Bit Torrent
Views: 722
Message 16 of 33

If the Lenovo USB 3.0 dock at http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:item.detail?... doesn't work as advertised, I would return it.  I certainly would not eat $180 on something that doesn't meet my needs.

Puppy
Bit Torrent
Views: 716
Message 17 of 33

And it is supposed to be the Next Generation Docking

Punch Card
Views: 690
Message 18 of 33

@ThorsHammer wrote:

@letterk wrote:
I have an application that requires wired network due to wireless potentially causing database corruption.  My hub is supposed to ship this next week so I'm anxious to test it out to see if I have the same problem.

Tell the application programmers to investigate ACID.

Moderator Note: Edited subject to match content.

Ha.  It's a third party app and they could care less what I say.  The issue is I require ethernet, not the way the software was coded.  There are other reasons to use wired network besides the db issues.  Wireless is simply not fast enough for this applicator. 

Let's not change the focus of the problem.  Lenovo potentially sold another product that doesn't do what they said.  I say potentially because I don't see any other complaints about the latency issue.  Perhaps it's because no others have the replicator yet.  I hope to get mine soon.

And just returning the replicator only solves the out of pocket money issue.  It doesn't solve the fact that some of us need a port replicator that works.  I bought the X1 and the port replicator as a system together.  I need both. 

Highlighted
ThorsHammer
Bit Torrent
Views: 678
Message 19 of 33

Maybe you should try another port replicator.  For instance, http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06c/A10-51210-329229-1844686-329229-5256506-5256507-527843...

Wouldn't it be interesting if that worked. Smiley Very Happy

ceb
WWAN
Views: 673
Message 20 of 33

@letterk wrote:

...Let's not change the focus of the problem.  Lenovo potentially sold another product that doesn't do what they said.  I say potentially because I don't see any other complaints about the latency issue.  Perhaps it's because no others have the replicator yet.  I hope to get mine soon.

And just returning the replicator only solves the out of pocket money issue.  It doesn't solve the fact that some of us need a port replicator that works.  I bought the X1 and the port replicator as a system together.  I need both. 

Yes, let's stay on topic.

Fact is, we don't know what the problem is.

It could be the replicator, it could be the x1c. It could be a version upgrade or it could be that third party app you are running.

Until you have run some diagnostics we don't know if it is a Lenovo problem, a problem easily fixed with a software upgrade or a self induced problem based on something you did.

It is so easy to jump on the "we hate Lenovo" bandwagon even without any facts.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors