Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonynca7
Fanfold Paper
Views: 758
Message 1 of 8

X1C6: Not all keyboards are the same

Long story short. I had Lenovo replace my top case because the left click button wasn't working. Yes, they replaced the entire top case including keyboard and pointer. They did not replace the trackpad though. 

So the keyboard that originally came with my laptop which was built in Nov 2018, was a lot stiffer. I was getting a lot of mistype due to me not applying enough pressure. This replacement keyboard though, oh my, it's perfect! The strokes are a lot softer and my typing accuracy went way up. 

If you do not like your keyboard for some reason, you should maybe goto a Costco and bring your laptop to do a compare. I think they are not using the same supplier for some of these keyboards. I like my replacement one a lot more than the original one that came with the laptop.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 752
Message 2 of 8

Re: X1C6: Not all keyboards are the same

All models have multiple suppliers for keyboards and other parts, like LCDs, SSDs, etc.  Some people prefer one over another; some like the other one, and some see no difference.  

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
tonynca7
Fanfold Paper
Views: 724
Message 3 of 8

Ahh nice to know. Yes it is a matter of preference and I'm glad I got one that fits me better now. I was seriously hating the old keyboard. Felt like it was gym day for fingers 

Wh1t3Rbt
What's DOS?
Views: 434
Message 4 of 8

Did you just take yours in to repair center or you opened a ticket and the warranty covered the replacement cost? I am having a similar issue with my keyboard. I've had for about 6 months now and has just never felt right and I've tried other keyboards and they feel a lot better than mine
tonynca7
Fanfold Paper
Views: 421
Message 5 of 8

I had their repair team come to me since I have premium support.

Wh1t3Rbt
What's DOS?
Views: 416
Message 6 of 8

Will need to check my support level. Do they need to take the laptop back or the repair is done on site?
tonynca7
Fanfold Paper
Views: 415
Message 7 of 8

Repair on site.

yuanda
What's DOS?
Views: 307
Message 8 of 8

Seems that now I am having the same problem with my Realtek driver updated to the latest version, and the autoplay matter persists. I don't know if I should go back to previous version of that driver or should I wait for next gen of driver.

Hope that Lenovo could offer some solutions with this problem, it is really FRUSTRATING.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors