07-08-2019 06:25 PM
1, Please download latest driver from support.lenovo.com .
2. Disconnect network and uninstall driver at devcie manager list .
3. Install driver of download from Lenovo Support .
07-08-2019 10:24 PM
I used this link
07-08-2019 11:12 PM
07-08-2019 11:13 PM
07-08-2019 11:33 PM
1, Please make sure you PC is X1 carbon Gen6 and with Intel 8265 Wireless card.
2. Go to Networking :Wireless **bleep** -> Click download button ,downlaod to desktop . URL & reference picture as below .
3. Uninstall Wireless driver at device manager list -> Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265.
4. Disconnect network and install that download driver nz4w901w.exe (126.96.36.199u).
07-09-2019 06:49 AM
I actually reverted back to driver 188.8.131.52 and everything works great now. The latest driver Lenovo is telling you to download will require you to disconnect and reconnect from your WiFi Everytime you open your laptop.
07-09-2019 07:22 AM
Internet is not connected when I wake up the computer. I have to click the Internet icon on the task bar, disconnect and reconnect. The connection itself works. This is a persistent problem, it has been happening since I bought the computer a couple weeks ago.
07-11-2019 11:26 AM - edited 07-11-2019 02:19 PM
Update to latest windows version 1903 and install old intel driver version 184.108.40.206 for Dual Band WirelessAC 8265. IAlso Uninstall the Intel Managment Engine Interface software and disable Auto Install in Vantage. What a PIA.