Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Okeano
Paper Tape
Views: 3,831
Message 1 of 11

X1C6 headphone autoplay media

I've been using headphones with 4 conductors jack ever since I got the laptop. Ever since last bios and Windows update, 4 conductors headphone jack is causing periodic "play" command for all my medias. 

I first noticed it on movies on VLC player, where the movie will keep playing seconds later after I paused it. I first thought it was VLC player issue. Same thing happened with a different media player, then with YouTube, and on iTune as well. Pausing any media simply does not work because every 5 to 7 seconds, a "play" command is being sent. This is the same command from pressing the "call" button on headphones with mic, except I'm not pressing that button. I then thought my headphones are going bad. But same thing is happening on a brand new pair of headphones with 4 conductors. If no headphones or a 3 conductors headphone jack is plugged in, this doesn't happen. Not only is the "play" command cannceling my pause, it's going as far as automatically opening and play a MP3 file if I highlight it without double click. It does not automatically open a video file. 

In summary, after recent update, my X1C6 has been interpeting a "play" command every few seconds from headphones with 4 conductors jack, even no such command was being sent. Did not have this issue until recently. No issue if no headphones or if a 3 conductors headphone jack is plugged in. 

HAvci
What's DOS?
Views: 3,752
Message 2 of 11

Re: X1C6 headphone autoplay media

I've updated realtek High Definition Audio driver to previous version(6.0.1.8551) and solved the issue.

Okeano
Paper Tape
Views: 3,670
Message 3 of 11

THANK YOU! It has been driving me insane. I love my X1C6, but the realtek drivers have been a realpain in the ass. Here's hoping they'll be a fix for the auido start delay eventually. 

yuanda
What's DOS?
Views: 3,354
Message 4 of 11

Now I am having the same problem with my X1C6 autoplayes through my headphone connected to headphone jack.

It's weird that I have upgraded my Realtek audio drive to the latest version but with this problem persists.

I hope Lenovo can offer some practical solutions sooner because this problem is quite FRUSTRATING to happens on a 2500$ computer.
changsta2004
SCSI Port
Views: 3,121
Message 5 of 11

How do you rollback the audio driver to 6.0.1.8551? I tried Uninstalling the Realtek Audio Driver (mine is version 10.0.17763.1) not the 6.0.1.... etc versions. I do not see see a "roll back driver" option. When I uninstall it and click on Scan for Hardware Changes, I just get back tame driver. Hence, my problem is not fixed. Can anyone help me with this?
changsta2004
SCSI Port
Views: 3,120
Message 6 of 11

Sorry I was looking at wrong place. My audio driver is 6.0.1.8642. I cannot click on the roll back driver so my only option is Uninstall. After the uninstall, and scan for hardware changes, the version that I get is still the same.
c0ntinuum
Paper Tape
Views: 2,601
Message 7 of 11

Clicking on "Update Driver" in Device Manager upgraded the driver to version 6.0.8694.1 which also fixed the issue for me.
Pau9
Paper Tape
Views: 2,009
Message 8 of 11

First of all, installing driver version 6.0.1.8551 seemed to solved the issue for me too (used to have version 6.0.1.8642). Thanks for the hint!

In general, I'm disappointed with the quality of this laptop (such a basic bug would be embarrassing for entry models as well). Specifically, I have following the comments:

No idea what Windows laptop would be a better choice (I can't go with a Mac due to SW constraints). Any recommendation (I'm looking for a small, light and powerful biz laptop)?

goth_bacon
Serial Port
Views: 989
Message 9 of 11

I still have this problem.  Reverting to an old driver gives me a static through the headphones when my laptop is being charged.  So I either have to deal with unpausing media or static when using headphones.  Any other people with this problem?  Any solutions?

HAvci
What's DOS?
Views: 942
Message 10 of 11

If your driver is getting updated with every update, you can try this
https://www.howtogeek.com/263851/how-to-prevent-windows-from-automatically-updating-specific-drivers...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors