Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

14 Posts

08-02-2021

Norway

16 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1 of 2

X1C9 and ThinkPad TBT 3 Dock

2021-08-02, 13:25 PM

Hi, I have some problems running the dock and powering the laptop. I had to dismantle the original cable from dock to computer as there is no dedicated charging socket in new x1 (temp solution, I will get some proper usbc/tbt cable). Then my laptop is not getting enough power as state by windows and bios when I restart. I have 230W and 65W chargers connected to dock. What I tried and it seems to sometimes work, to plug 230W charger to 65W port. Is that a solution? 

Also I have problems updating the DPhub as it gives error when updating and stating that the current firmware version is 0. I guess this is bug of the firmware updater? Funny as this is already one month old firmware and yet not fixed...

Options

4279 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

334 Signins

21275 Page Views

• Views: 21275
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:X1C9 and ThinkPad TBT 3 Dock

2021-08-02, 16:45 PM

Hello terragady,

Welcome to Lenovo Community

I suggest that you load the BIOS default settings then be sure to save and exit.
Next, go to the support site, download and install the latest drivers and BIOS. Be sure to read and follow the readme text file.
Once done, update the necessary firmware thru the support site.
Observe and update us how it goes.

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms