Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

51 Posts

04-22-2021

Germany

43 Signins

235 Page Views

• Views: 235
  • Message 1 of 2

X1C9 just changing into sleep mode without any alerts

2021-06-01, 20:15 PM

Hi @ all,

what i have missed to tell, is that i have experienced a weir behavior couple of times .. for an reason it X1C9 is going into sleep mode while i am working on something doesn't matter if it something in web or writting a word document or something similar... the X1C9 just changing into sleep mode without any alerts ... battery is charged 100% and X1C9 is in ac mode...

Furthermore i am experiencing also a wierd behavior with the battery... for any reason Windows 10 show me low battery eventough the battery is charged 100 % and the device is in ac mode...

Any one else had this experience?

I had the same behavior on my first X1C9 which a got replaced... so i guess other might have these kind of issues also...

Would appreciate your feedback... thanks.. 

Best

Options

91 Posts

07-15-2018

United States of America

205 Signins

1481 Page Views

• Views: 1481
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:X1C9 just changing into sleep mode without any alerts

2021-06-02, 14:45 PM

Your battery connector data pin has contact problem. Thus the computer thinks the battery capacity drops to zero, so decides to sleep to protect data.

To solve, boot the computer into bios, turn off internal battery in bios, and then shut down.

Open the back cover, take the battery out, use plastic tweezer (to avoid short circuit) and IPA or ethanol to clean the contact, and then assemble it back.

See the attached photo, which shows the battery connector.

If you can't handle this by yourself, then you have to send it back for service.

I had this issue with X1Y4, X1Y5, both solved with this method. Photo shows X1Y6, which is identical to your X1C9.

@ mcjazzman wrote:

Hi @ all,

what i have missed to tell, is that i have experienced a weir behavior couple of times .. for an reason it X1C9 is going into sleep mode while i am working on something doesn' matter if it something in web or writting a word document or something similar... the X1C9 just changing into sleep mode without any alerts ... battery is charged 100% and X1C9 is in ac mode...

Furthermore i am experiencing also a wierd behavior with the battery... for any reason Windows 10 show me low battery eventough the battery is charged 100 % and the device is in ac mode...

Any one else had this experience?

I had the same behavior on my first X1C9 which a got replaced... so i guess other might have these kind of issues also...

Would appreciate your feedback... thanks.. 

Best

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms