Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Racc00n
Fanfold Paper
Views: 378
Message 1 of 6

X1E gen 2 brightness control broken after 1.26 BIOS update for discrete graphics

Dear all, 

i just want to share this issue i faced with my Lenovo X1 Extreme gen 2. Previously i am running on discrete graphics. All is fine until i was prompt for an Bios Update which i horribly regretted to approve updating my bios.

After updating my bios to 1.26. my brightness function is not working. Broken. Bricked. I do see the bar and slider moving up while pressing Fn+F6 and down using F5 but the screen brightness does not change. 

I tried reinstalling the following

1. HotKey drivers

2. Intel Graphic Drivers

3. Nvida Drivers 

4. Lenovo Power Managemen

5. Thinkpad Monitor display driver

but none works. 

Ultimately, i went to bios to switch from Discrete graphic to Hybrid graphics and it is working. 

So whoever out there reading this, please understand the risk and shortcoming of this broken bios update for x1 extreme gen 2. 

To Lenovo Support or programmers:

Please identify and fix this bug and release a patch for this issue. thanks 

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 354
Message 2 of 6

Re: X1E gen 2 brightness control broken after 1.26 BIOS update for discrete graphics

We're aware of this issue.  It will be fixed in next BIOS version.  Sorry for this trouble.

KhawerNaseer
What's DOS?
Views: 296
Message 3 of 6

Re: X1E gen 2 brightness control broken after 1.26 BIOS update for discrete graphics

Any ETA on the next version?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 232
Message 4 of 6

@KhawerNaseer wrote:

Any ETA on the next version?

I heard "end of this month" but it depends on whether any issues are found during test.  Sorry I don't have a firmer release date to share with you.

KhawerNaseer
What's DOS?
Views: 194
Message 5 of 6

Okay, thanks for this.

I know that its not your responaibility but it would be kind of you to let us know here when the new BIOS is generally available

RexAttaque
Fanfold Paper
Views: 104
Message 6 of 6

BIOS update 1.27 is out for the P1, probably is for the X1 as well, brightness control on discrete graphics is working again ! Thanks Lenovo Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors