07-31-2014

US

15 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 1 of 1

X1Y3 Battery Drain & Fingerprint Issues

2018-07-28, 0:29 AM

I have the X1Y3 20LD001HUS  and battery life is horrific.  Including in sleep, battery drops way too quick compared to X1Y1 and X1Y2 which I have.  Setting display brightness to less than half, just doing browsing and email, no video/audio or heavy processing (and always on usb id disabled), I lost at least 25% battery in an hour.  I've noticed the same with my T480s.  I've had numerous other models (T460s, T440s, T450s, T540p, etc.) and battery life in standby and moderate use was pretty good but these new ones I'm disappointed with.  Also the fingerprint reader is more problematic with the T480s and X1Y3 compared to previous gens.  The "can't read fingerprint" rate is much higher on the new models in my experience.  I keep my drivers updated on all models as well.  And always disable "always on usb" so that's not an issue.  I do prefer Chrome, but I've observed the same power loss when going to standby with no apps left open (and chrome/firefox background disabled).  Anyone figure this out?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms