Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChoTai
Paper Tape
Views: 548
Message 1 of 4

X1Y3 HDR (20ld) screen glitch / flicker

I open my computer today and to my surprise I find the display flickering with a glitched image whenever I move the cursor around with the trackpad. Here is a video of what I'm seeing. I received this computer less than a week ago (4/16/18) and I am still babying it more than I would my primary laptop so I am surprised to see this kind of issue so quickly. It went away after a reboot but the glitches persisted through the shut down process. My drivers are all up to date and I have no idea where else this came from. Has anyone else had this issue or know where it stems from.

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 524
Message 2 of 4

Re: X1Y3 HDR (20ld) screen glitch / flicker

@ChoTai wrote:

I open my computer today and to my surprise I find the display flickering with a glitched image whenever I move the cursor around with the trackpad. Here is a video of what I'm seeing

That's a pretty impressive graphics glitch! I hope that's a one time thing, maybe a glitch in the graphics driver or a rare video memory corruption. I'm just guessing here.. Maybe someone else knows whether this may be a hardware issue?

erkimarious
Fanfold Paper
Views: 450
Message 3 of 4

I have had similar problems, not as bad as yours though. I have the x1 carbon 6th (20KH) with the HDR screen. Have tried resetting Windows just now and we will see how it goes.
nicksfix
Fanfold Paper
Views: 423
Message 4 of 4

Eesh, not what any of us hope to see! My own X1 Yoga 3G arrived earlier this week and from the beginning had random moments where the screen would flicker between white and blue hues - it could happen at any time and sometimes would take hours to present itself. At other times, even typing in google or just opening Word would invoke a flickering spectacle that drove me nuts. As a full-time content writer, it rendered this very expensive machine useless to me.

On top of that, the brick on the power cord was explosive-level hot, as in I would have had burns if I pressed skin against it for more than a few seconds. Felt too risky to hang onto for even another day.

Sent it straight back to Lenovo for a full refund (waiting for it to arrive) and ordered the X1 Carbon 6G instead with a 5-year warranty with the extra protection add-on and free battery replacement option. If anything happens to this new computer, I wanted to be sure I was covered and got my money's worth out of it.

Top Kudoed Authors