03-16-2019 05:45 AM - edited 03-17-2019 01:21 PM
It seems I managed to fix this piece of premium cr*p to sleep normally.
The steps to make it works :
1) stop windows audio service
2) enter airplane mode.
3) enable usb selective suspend
4) go through device manager's usb device list and select "allow computer to suspend device" for everything.
After these steps I'm getting pretty all-green sleep study report (see attach)
I'm going to program special service to run pp 1-2 automatically on sleep enter/leave.
Hope everything will works
Hope Lenovo "geniuses" won't provide "fix" that breaks it again.
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-17-2019 01:20 PM - edited 03-17-2019 01:30 PM
Here we go guys with beta version.
Today was the first day, when I've closed lid, put computer to desk, and found it fully charged at the morning!
You may check source at github https://github.com/AlexMKX/LenovoSleepFix (it is rude beta, which means beta than nothin') so don't blame me for sh*tcode yet. However, it works neatly, all errors handled and so on.
Manual (MUST read, binary link there) : https://github.com/AlexMKX/LenovoSleepFix/blob/master/Readme.md
03-17-2019 01:35 PM - edited 03-17-2019 01:37 PM
Shame on you, Lenovo.
It took no more than 8 hours to write this crutch. Including :
2. Remembering C++, which I've not used past 5 years or so.
3. Learning and compiling boost
03-19-2019 02:15 PM - edited 03-19-2019 02:27 PM
1) Windows puts laptop to hibernate from sleep in approx 1.5 hours because of "standby battery budget exceeded" which is nothing compared to what was before. Now it drains around 2W/hours, but laptop remains cold (which is important), no fans working.
2) top drainers are : NoHwDrips.PMC_XHCI_ACTIVITY, bluetooth and cellular modem.
3) when always on usb is disabled in lenovo vantage and laptop is switched to airplane mode before sleep, bluetooth and cellular don't drains. and NoHwDrips.PMC_XHCI_ACTIVITY remains. Investigation continues on what NoHwDrips.PMC_XHCI_ACTIVITY is for and how to cope with it.
4) sometime Ultranav backs from sleep without middle-button scrolling working. it fixes by restarting Synaptic's processes.
Guys, if you have tried OnSleep service, any feedback will be appreciated.
What to be done :
1) Custom on-sleep on-wake apps through config for custom tasks, like synaptics restart, automatic airplane mode and so on.
2) Code polishing (it is really ugly).
03-19-2019 10:52 PM
Last **bleep** catched.
Got just 539 mW drain in 5 hours of sleep.
Intel management engine components must be uninstalled, and device must be uninstalled from device manager as well as it's drivers. Appeared driverless deivce must be disabled.
Mission is accomplished.