cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Views: 93
Message 1 of 3

X1Y3 battery wear level

After just 20 charge cycles(I have just run reset) does 8% wear seem excessive in 4 months?  

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Highlighted
joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 76
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1Y3 battery wear level

That does seem a bit high. My X1Y3 is ten months old and is reporting 9% wear. That's relative to the design capacity, but my battery started a bit higher, so it's more like 11% loss of capacity in 10 months. So I'm getting about 1% loss per month, and you have 2% loss per month. That's a lot.  

I do find that these numbers fluctuate a bit from time to time, so maybe keep an eye on it for a bit. I've seen swings as large as 4% for some reason.  I went a bit overboard and ran the Windows Battery Report, and used the data to plot the capacity of my battery over time. Note the big fluctuations and the fact that these batteries can start well above design capacity. 

X1-Y3batterycapacity

Guru
Views: 69
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1Y3 battery wear level

My TP25 has less than 1% wear now in a year BUT on that laptop even though its less than 1% the external battery will go from 15% to 1% in 1 minute so I think a cell is going bad.  Vantage still shows "good" though.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors