Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bartolo5
Punch Card
Views: 11,149
Message 1 of 12

X200 WWAN card has dissapeared from my system

I'm not sure exactly when this happened but my WWAN card that came with my Lenovo X200 had now dissapeared from my system. It was previously listed as 'Ericsson F3507g Mobile Broadband Minicard Network Adapter' in the device manager under the section of Network Adapters but it no longer shows up there.

Pressing Fn + F5 only shows the wifi and bluetooth adapters but not the WWAN as it used to happen before. I don't remember having changed anything on this computer. Any idea of what could be going on?

Thanks in advance

mickey53usa
Punch Card
Views: 11,135
Message 2 of 12

Re: X200 WWAN card has dissapeared from my system

What does it show if you go into "Mobile Broadband Connect?"  I had a similar problem where the "card" disappeared. Mobile Broadband Connect showed the card but it was not activated. I uninstalled a HDTV program for a USB TV Tunner that I had installed and the problem cleared up.

Just a thought.

bartolo5
Punch Card
Views: 11,124
Message 3 of 12

Mobile Broadband Connect says 'No Wireless Mobile Broadband device found'.

There is no trace of the card anymore. Smiley Sad

bartolo5
Punch Card
Views: 11,110
Message 4 of 12

Just talked with IBM and they are sending me a replacement mini PCI card. Let's see if that solves the problem.
GatorGuy
Paper Tape
Views: 11,069
Message 5 of 12

I also had this problem, but my WWAN card was a Qualcomm.  Look in your Device Manager under PORTS.  If your WWAN card is not showing under ports then disregard this.  If it is under ports, but not under network adapter:

Right click on your WWAN card under ports and uninstall it, leaving the drivers on your computer.

Go to the Lenovo support site and download (do not run the application, only download it somewhere) the latest driver for your WWAN card (which goes with your laptop).

Manually (using the switch), turn your wireless radios off.  This should turn your LWAN, Bluetooth, and WWAN radios off.

Install the WWAN drivers that you downloaded from Lenovo.  (I have an X200 with Verizon service, so my drivers were 7xwc16ww.exe)

Wait while they install (this took a few minutes for me).  If it does not automatically find your WWAN card, reboot your computer (do not use the ‘scan for hardware changes’).

When I did this it took 8 minutes for my computer to finally turn off before it actually restarted, do not interrupt this.  Your hard drive will be clicking away, but nothing will be happening on the screen…Be patient.

Once your computer restarts, it will (should) find the WWAN card and install it properly.  (if it does not, try turning on your wireless radio switch)

Now turn on your wireless radio switch and see if it shows up in the Access Connections.  If not, then sorry you wasted your time here.  This worked for me after several hours of struggling.

Good luck!

bartolo5
Punch Card
Views: 11,065
Message 6 of 12

@GatorGuy wrote:

I also had this problem, but my WWAN card was a Qualcomm.  Look in your Device Manager under PORTS.  If your WWAN card is not showing under ports then disregard this. 

Good luck!

Hello GatorGuy, thanks for your advice.Sadly my WWAN card does not show up anywhere, not even ports.

The computer is now making a 'beep' sound when I turn it out that may be related to this and my linux partition is complaining about a USB device that it's not doing the right thing. I looked around, and it seems like the Ericsson card, even when it comes as mini-PCI format it shows up in the system as a USB device. The situation is specially bad on the linux case because the OS sometimes does not boot.

Let's see if my replacement card solves the problems, although IBM has informed me that the Ericsson cards are not in stock right now and i will have to wait Smiley Sad

energija
What's DOS?
Views: 10,399
Message 7 of 12

Hello!

Actually I just experienced the very same problem with my x200t. The WWAN card just disappeard from the device manager. Reinstalling drivers and searching for it didnt help a lot.

But what helped me was to reset the BIOS settings to default and/or explicitly turning the WWAN option off and on again. I cant tell which one of these options helped since i did them 'simultanously'. But after doing so the WWAN Card was back again availiable in windows. 

Can someone confirm that behaviour? Very Strange!

Maybe you try this out! Good luck!

fransvdw
What's DOS?
Views: 9,610
Message 8 of 12

Hi energija

We have experienced the same problem on about 50 X200's at work. It seems that it mostly happens after coming out of sleep mode. Installed latest Ericsson drivers, Lenovo Access Connections and turned off power management on the card in Device Manager. We are still testing the changes but it seems that the laptops are more stable.

Cheers

MatthewEllison
What's DOS?
Views: 6,669
Message 9 of 12

Re: X200 WWAN card has disappeared from my system

This happened to me while I was actually connected to the Internet using the WWAN card.  The connection froze, and my computer crashed (blue screen) when I attempted to shut down.  When I restarted, the WWAN card did not show up anywhere in Device Manager, and only Wireless Radio and Bluetooth were listed as options on the Wireless Radio panel (in response to Fn+F5).

The solution that worked for me was to reset BIOS settings:

1. Press F1 on startup when the logo first appears.
  2. Press F9 for default BIOS settings.

All OK now.

-Matthew Ellison

stuartjmclean
What's DOS?
Views: 5,491
Message 10 of 12

Hi there. Did you ever find a solution. My WWAN adapter has worked well for about a year and has now disappeared. I've reseated it but it is not recognised at all.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors