Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-01-2010

norway

9 Signins

73 Page Views

• Views: 73
  • Message 1 of 4

X200/X200S Ericsson Mobile Broadband

2011-05-09, 12:36 PM

Hi,

This  is a problem i have been suffering from with many of my clients (around 190)

They all have Lenovo X200 /X200S  with built in mobile broad band which has stopped to work recently due to the latest Vodafone and ATT wireless WAN (HSPA)  Driver.

I conntacted the local agent no one has any idea contacted lenovo representative in Norway and they have no IDEA also !!

All of them are experts in passing the problem to somone else !!!

All these systems has windows XP pro with all the latest updates available

My company is about to launch it's software for W7 and i strongly doubt i can recommend the new X201 as our standard new platform if every now and then the same problem Happens .

Before it was BIOS and we had to downgrade to v2,06. Then Wifi adapter where we had to install the driver from intel and  not the one from lenovo and after an access connection update we had to go back to the driver from LENOVO!!!

So PLEASE lenovo could someone look at this support reuest and tell us what the heck is wrong with the latest update from you ?? and how to fix it ???

Regards

Maris Support Dept.

Options

2029 Posts

12-02-2007

Australia

9435 Signins

247288 Page Views

• Views: 247288
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: X200/X200S Ericsson Mobile Broadband

2011-05-09, 23:20 PM

wrote:

So PLEASE lenovo could someone look at this support reuest

The Lenovo community is a peer to peer support forum, not an official Lenovo support channel.

You may get a partial answer here, but given the specific nature of your problem, which appears like it might be tied to some aspect of your local 3G service provision, you will really need local Lenovo resources involved.

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

United States of America

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 3 of 4

2011-05-10, 4:11 AM

Maris,

Can you revert to earlier driver that did work?  I ask, because it sounds like you have identified your current compatibility to "the latest Vodafone and ATT wireless WAN driver", correct?   

Also, if you have 190 systems in your install base, we need to get your information and escalate your case through our project office for more formal support and engagement with our senior technical team rather than trying to solve it here.

Do you have an account team contact that you normally work through, or perhaps an FTSS assigned to your account?  If so, I would encourage you to engage them to work this, so that you get the level of support you need.  If these are the resources you already mentioned, then that is ok.

If you are unsure of your account rep or support contact, please send me a private message with your contact information, including best phone to reach you, and more details of your client install base.  I'll look for your PM

I really want to ensure you get the level of help you need.

Best regards,

Mark

Options

1 Posts

06-28-2011

Germany

2 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 4 of 4

2011-06-28, 12:43 PM

Hi Maris!

Did you meanwhile a solution for this problem? We too have problems with WWAN - at more than 100 machines!

Please let me know if you can fix the problem - and how!

Thanks

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms