Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnxm
Paper Tape
Views: 1,661
Message 1 of 2

X200 and Intel Wifi Link 5100

Hello,

I'm trying to get wifi working on my x200, but nothing I try seems to work.

Initially, in XP or Windows 7, the card wasnt even detected, so wouldn't come up in the unrecognized devices section in device manager.  I installed/uninstalled the drivers several times but nothing changed.

I then opened up the Thinkpad and moved the wifi card from the first slot to the second.  Upon booting, in Windows 7 and again in xp, the card was recognised, but a code 10 error came up.

I've tried replacing the wlan card with one from an R60, but the x200's boot software prevented the PC from booting up.

Can anyon help?

Thanks

John

johnxm
Paper Tape
Views: 1,616
Message 2 of 2

Re: X200 and Intel Wifi Link 5100

Update to my first note.  After a day of installing countless drivers, bios updates and whatever else.  I'm pleased to say that my x200 is now woking in XP with wifi on the 5100.

The PCI slot the 5100 card was in to start with did not register any device to be present.  The second slot, recognised the card but gave a code 10 error.

I also followed the steps outlined in: kbartke's post on resolving the code 10 on 5100 issue.  That had no immediate effect, but may have eventually solved the problem.

I also updated the bios to 3.02.

The strange thing that seemed to work was changing the machine's name.  Once restarted, the wifi light came on.

I now have to figure out how to get rid of all the bloatware i managed to install in my attempts to get this working...

John

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors