Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

X200 integrated camera:hardware or software problem?

First time turned on this machine, the system complained about 5U875 device has no driver. I tryed to auto install but fails. I rebooted it everything looks normal.

Now after running ThinkVantage update, 5U875 device has no driver error pops up again. 5U875 listed under other device at device mananger. Hardware id: VID: 05CA, PID: 18FF, device name Ricoh. I checked all version of Lenovo/IBM integrated camera drirver, they all show VID: 17FF, no wonder why it cannot install.

I rebooted numerious, tryed to install other generic 05CA driver, all fails with error 10. But the dramatic thing is, after I fully turned off, then turned on. The 5U875 is back to normal, even no driver attempted to install. At this time, VID=17FF, PID=4807, vendor name: Lenovo.

It seems to me 5U875 has two levels of control, 05CA:18FF is Ricoh controller chip, it is always ON. 17FF:4807 is webcam itself. This is controlled by BIOS or other hardware. Now it seems to me 17FF:4807 is not ON properally so the system complains. 

Anyone has similar problem? I called Lenovo they asked me to send it back. But I don't believe it is hardware problem. More like webcam control at new BIOS has problem.

Serial Port
0 Kudos

Re: X200 integrated camera:hardware or software problem?

I havectly the same problem Smiley Mad One day I turned on my X200 Tablet and I got a message that 5U875 Device has no drivers installed. Tried instaling the latest drivers from Lenovo for camera but no luck. Even turning the tablet completly off and on doesn;t help. The driver instalation just quits without any message.

Anyone has an idea how to solve this problem and get the integrated camera to work ?

What's DOS?
0 Kudos

some probleme here. Any solutions so far?

Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,261
Solutions: 1,344
0 Kudos

Ricoh 5U875 device is associated with the card reader on the X200. I try to find the Ricoh driver but it is not listed on the Lenovo website, under X200. 

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft