Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reuchlin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,363
Message 1 of 5

X200s bring-in service

I've just got my new X200s including ultrabase and DVD R/W (7469-73G). The warranty service ist "bring-in".

I thought that this kind of service usually is "bring-in and return" but German Lenovo service told me that this service is "bring-in and pick-up". Just in case I need Lenovo warranty service I have to send my X200s to Eastern Europe (Bratislava, Slovacia) which is hard to accept because Lenovo has service locations in Germany. Best of all: When repair is finished, I have to pick-up my X200s in Bratislava or ask e.g. UPS for pick-up which is quite pricy for private customers.

Is there anybody from Germany or Europe who has experience with Lenovo's bring-in (and pick-up) service?

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 1,344
Message 2 of 5

Re: X200s bring-in service

reuchlin, welcome to the forum,

I don't know how, but someone perhaps thought you were calling from Slovacia. The information is incorrect.

If you should need warranty service in Germany call 01805 004618 and explain the problem; should it be decided that you need to send your system in for repair you will not be asked to send it to anywhere outside of Germany but rather to Lenovo's repair centre for Germany which is based in Heppenheim. When your system has been repaired they will return it to you at no extra charge.

Hope this helps

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

reuchlin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,307
Message 3 of 5

Hello andyP,

I doublechecked the phone number, 01805 004618 was exactly the no. I was calling to clarify Lenovos warranty statements that came with my X200s.  I was calling from Stuttgart, Germany and the conversation was in German language. I explicit asked for Heppenheim but your service representative confirmed that european warranty service is provided only by Lenovo B.V. in Bratislava, Slovakia. Exactly as stated it the Lenovo warranty statement on page 6 of the german version, page 2 of the english one. You can download this as a pdf  I505-0010-01-ger.pdf  from Lenovo web page. On page 8 (engl.: page 3) section 4 you'll find the statement "After the product has been repaired or exchanged, it will be made vailable for your collection." So what's the truth about "Bing-In and Return" or "Bring-In and Pick-up"  now?  My experience is that German companies tend to take their written papers very very serious.

During the same phone call I've got the information that Lenovo does not sell XP Pro downgrade DVDs or CDs for the X200 series to private customers, this service is for business customers only.

Due to this unacceptable information and due to the fact that my "NEW" X200s came in a very dirty shabby box that included previous shiping documents from the refurbishing company tecserviceurope AG I've returned it for a refund. Now I'm going to order a Toshiba R600 that comes with additional XP Pro for every customer and real Gemany based support. After 3 IBM Laptops within the last 13 years this will be my first non-IBM machine. Sorry Lenovo.!

Regards

-Reuchlin-

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,297
Message 4 of 5

reuchlin wrote:

Due to this unacceptable information and due to the fact that my "NEW" X200s came in a very dirty shabby box that included previous shiping documents from the refurbishing company tecserviceurope AG I've returned it for a refund.

That seems odd.  Did you buy the unit from Lenovo directly or from someone else?

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Highlighted
reuchlin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,289
Message 5 of 5

In Germany you cannot buy directly from Lenovo, that's different than in the U.S.

I've bought it from an online store that has an excellent customer feedback ranking.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors