Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-02-2011

Singapore

9 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

X201 Noise

2011-03-02, 16:04 PM

Hi All,

I'm having a noise problem with my new X201. I've checked the forum and tried to adjust the mic volume but the problem still exists, and actually the noise I'm talking about is different from the loud, high-pitched noise. This is more a soft but persistent high-pitched "eek" sound and it could be a fan problem?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Options

24 Posts

02-27-2011

Colorado

14 Signins

257 Page Views

• Views: 257
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X201 Noise

2011-03-04, 17:46 PM

Is it like a beeping at a regular intereval? like a beep every second? coming from somewhere beneath the keyvorad near to the palm rest?

Cause I have the same problem and I have yet to figure out what the hell it is. The best I can figure for mine is that it has something to do with the Ultrabase. my beeping started when i "improperly" ejected the laptop from the ultrabase without  pressing the small button next to the ejection lever first. as soon as I did that, the beepeing started, and now it comes back every time I put the laptop back on the base, and take it off, even if I follow the ejection propcedure fully.

I would also like to know what this is.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms