Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohannesS
Paper Tape
Views: 875
Message 1 of 3

X201s - Intel GMA driver crashes when connecting an external display

Hi,

I have the following problem: Sometimes if I connect an external display to my X201s via VGA, the Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers crash repeatedly. So the laptop screen becomes dark, after a few seconds I can see an image again with the error message: "Display driver "Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for WindowsXP(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered." After another few seconds, the screen gets dark again. This is repeated until I disconnect the external display.

I have Windows 7 Pro 64bit installed and already updated to the last available Intel GMA driver from the Lenovo drivers page (v8.15.10.2025), but the problem remains the same. Also, the error is not 100% reproducable, but one out of two times, the driver will crash if I connect a display. This is very annoying, especially for presentations.

Here is a screenshot of the error msg (in german):

Also, what is the default way to contact lenovo support? I could not find any email address to conact them, just a telephone number.

Best Regards,

Johannes

zsilvermaster
Paper Tape
Views: 658
Message 2 of 3

Re: X201s - Intel GMA driver crashes when connecting an external display

I am experiencing the same issue with my x201s.  Have been checking for new Intel Graphics driver every day with no luck.  Have tried multple monitors, multiple docking stations, no luck.  This is very frusterating, hopefully Lenovo/Intel can provide a fix for this soon. HINT HINT

us
What's DOS?
Views: 574
Message 3 of 3

Re: X201s - Intel GMA driver crashes when connecting an external display

I had the same problem with my x201s. One week ago, I noticed that my BIOS 6QET35WW (1.05) seemed to be old and performed a BIOS update from the Lenovo site. The problem seem to have vanished now ...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors