Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

X201s defects

Hello, I received my brand new x201s with the 6-cell battery a few days ago, and noticed some possible defects:

1. The battery does not perfectly fit in the laptop. If I hold the laptop in the air and touch the battery, it introduces play.

Being a large battery, it becomes the two "back legs" of the laptop. The battery's play leads to the instability of the whole laptop, when rested on a hard surface!

2. The plastic micro-hinges of the screen look misused. Please take a look at the pictures here: http://picasaweb.google.com/cmavr8/ThinkpadX201sDefect?authkey=Gv1sRgCIfNlL-1kMLVOw&feat=directlink

Are they burnt? Are they broken? Or are they normal?

Thanks a lot!

Token Ring
0 Kudos

Re: X201s defects

Most of what you have said I agree with I think the battery as I have already stated is a major problem

Im not so sure about the plastic micro hinges they seem ok to me but to be honest I only noticed them after you mentioned it.

Highlighted
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Re: X201s defects - battery not tightly fitted

Hi, I have similar issues with my less than 1 mth old x201. Lenovo did come and swap my base, which is a major surgery that will take a bit of time due to the number of screws involved. It is just slightly better, unfortunately. It seems to be a quality control issue with Lenovo since the same battery has less play in an identical x201 that my colleague is using. I finally use a small piece of blue tac to fill the space and it is as tight as it can be! Too bad for such an awesome laptop.