Did you mean: 
rolf_munich
Paper Tape
Views: 881
Message 1 of 5

X220 Software fail: System Update and Fingerprint

Hello,

I have a ThinkPad X220, Win7 64.

My fingerprint scanner works fine in predesktop verification, but the last three days I get an error when it is supposed to log unto Win7. The error says 0xe7210005 INternal Error (rpnp2: no-svr(00000001provmgrserver)). I have to enter the password to log on. I have reinstalled the fingerprint software - no change. As the predesktop scan works, I gather that the HW and the fingerprint database are ok.

While I was handling this I tried to run a system update. Here the Think Vantage System Update software starts up and then stalls. I have this with the last version (5.0.3) that I downloaded as well as with a version 4 that came with the machine.

Has anybody got an idea (beside reinstalling the OS)? Many thanks

Rolf

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 858
Message 2 of 5

Re: X220 Software fail: System Update and Fingerprint

The fingerprint error means that something is blocking some internal fingerprint software process.  Did you install any new anti-virus software, or maybe some firewall software, in the last three days since you started to have this problem?

I am not sure what could be causing the System Update problem.

rolf_munich
Paper Tape
Views: 848
Message 3 of 5

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The only SW I had installed that day was Firefox 25. Just to be sure, I uninstalled it, but it had no effect. No changes in AV or firewall software.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 843
Message 4 of 5

I don't have another idea, unless something got corrupted on your system somehow.  Do you have any backup that you could restore?

rolf_munich
Paper Tape
Views: 826
Message 5 of 5

Hi there. I reverted to a recovery point of last week. After that, both problems disappeared simultaneously. There had been some Windows updates in between and I suspect that that was the problem. Many thanks for your support. Best regards, Rolf

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors