Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
intez1
Paper Tape
Views: 289
Message 1 of 4

X220 factory restore issue with Rescue and Recovery

I have X220 which I enjoyed very much for the last one year. Warranty is just expired and unfortunately the system starts act crazy. I decided to reformat and go back to factory setting stage by using Rescue and Recovery. I could get to the Full Restore and could click full factory restore. The system ask me to restart but instead reformat the HD, the previous OS kicks in and reboot as previous setting. Please help!!!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 267
Message 2 of 4

Re: X220 factory restore issue with Rescue and Recovery

Do you have Lenovo_Recovery patrition (Q: ) with several .wim files on that? Or do you have Factory_Recovery Media (CD+3xDVD or USB stick) with factory image?

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

intez1
Paper Tape
Views: 259
Message 3 of 4

I don't have cd and dvd. But I have Q drive. Q drive must have something inside but I don't see anything if I open the drive.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 253
Message 4 of 4

Are you sure Q: partition is absolutely empty? Normally .WIM files on partition Q: are stored in hidden directory FactoryRecovery.
Check out Lenovo Factory Recovery Discs within Control Panel for creating factory image media.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors