Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david-a
Paper Tape
Views: 18,586
Message 1 of 3

X220 "Create Recovery Media" on USB flash drive

Is it required to first create an Active Partition on the USB flash drive, within Windows 7, before creating "Factory Recovery Disks" on a USB flash drive - FOR THE X220?

I've carefully looked at the X220 User Guide and it makes no mention of it.  Yet, I came across a web page on this site explaining how to create an active partition prior to making recovery media.  However, it does NOT reference the X220 as an affected computer and I wonder if the active partition happens automatically on the X220.

chaihg
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 18,562
Message 2 of 3

Re: X220 "Create Recovery Media" on USB flash drive

I had asked the same question 2weeks back but did not get a single reply. I have read all the three posts that mention this issue but does not seem to register any answers. Sad Smiley Sad

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 18,538
Message 3 of 3

Re: X220 "Create Recovery Media" on USB flash drive

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/Making-a-usb-stick-with-the-Lenovo-recovery-pa...

Here's the best thread I can find on the subject.  You're still going to have to make the partition active.  The x220 doesn't have anything extra in it to automatically make it active.  That thread has some good links in it with pretty good instructions.  I know the x220 isn't listed as an affected system but I think that the support site just hasn't been updated yet.

Dave 

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors