Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Forbi
Paper Tape
Views: 972
Message 1 of 3

X220 replace motherboard

Hi, since an unfortunate event, I was forced to join the forum Smiley Sad. I'm a proud owner of an x220 4290CTO. Yesterday doing some cleaning to the machine, I fkd up a pin from the keyboard connector. Shame on me.

Now I want to replace the mobo, but I can't find any replacement for the 4290CTO. Should I ignore the "cto" part and go ahead with any mobo compatible with 4290 (List )?

Since I'm from Uruguay, I can't afford to fk up the buy , I can't send back the mobo if it doesn't fit or work with my model.

Home some of you can help me to solve this sh*t.

Deep sorrow.... love this machine.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 956
Message 2 of 3

Re: X220 replace motherboard

Motherboards from any 4290 will work.  Tablet boards will not fit

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 899
Message 3 of 3

Re: X220 replace motherboard

I'd add one advice - do not use the systemboard with another CPU type (Normal Voltage or ULV) you have now. Otherwise the cooling system should be replaced either.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors