Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

74 Posts

02-04-2013

Czech Republic

254 Signins

1067 Page Views

• Views: 1067
  • Message 1 of 1

X220 uneven base shape

2015-03-15, 14:43 PM

Hello,

I would like to ask, if there is anybody else with the same problem of his laptop;

My X220 seems to have some problem with a shape of the basis, especially at bottom corners. When I close my laptop, lid meets the palmrest and pressures very hard in it, but in the mid-section (at place of webcam for example), there is a lot of free space, laptop primarily hits the corners and not all the bottom line. This causes crack of LCD bezel corners, because they have to "bear" all the pressure between lid and chassis (especially when you travel with laptop and there are many other forces that pressure the laptop from top and bottom).

I've fugured out, that this is caused by the base corners, which are slightly "lifted" above. I've tried to bend the chassis down at corners, but it haven't worked.

Have onyone else ever faced these problems? I don't mean cracked LCD bezel, but the "twisted" or "bended" base.

Thanks...

(desperated) skrble

Link to image 1

Link to image 2

Link to image 3

Moderator note: large image(s) converted to link(s):  About Posting Pictures In The Forums

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms