Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-19-2011

United States

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 2

X220 webcam not working in Modern UI / Metro applications [Win8] [Win8.1]

2013-10-17, 17:15 PM

My model is a 4286 CTO i7 w/ 8GB RAM and IPS display with 2x2 antenna and 6205 wifi

I tried updating to the last driver listed on the matrix (designated for  Windows 7)

Webcam works 100% in desktop applications and is recognized under device manager

Webcam is not even recognized at all in any ModernUI application (Skype, Camera)

I've installed Lenovo Settings with no luck (with the additional installation of the Lenovo Dependency Package for Windows 8).

I've tried all orders of reboots with no luck. I've also manually used the "cammute.exe CMOFF" command to make sure privacy mode was not on.

I've been experiencing this issue on Windows 8 since upgrading last year. I was hoping that the Windows 8.1 update would have somehow solved it, but it did not.

Why hasn't Lenovo updated their driver for Windows 8 or Windows 8.1? Why does this situation even have to exist? Most importantly, how can I get my webcam to work in the Modern UI applications? This is incredibly frustrating.

Options

22 Posts

08-16-2012

USA & Saudi Arabia

43 Signins

183 Page Views

• Views: 183
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X220 webcam not working in Modern UI / Metro applications [Win8] [Win8.1]

2014-01-12, 0:56 AM

Hey did you figure this out? I have this problem too exactly as you described...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)