Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rossmo1
Token Ring
Views: 329
Message 1 of 3

X220T Bluetooth Problem

Hello. My bluetooth works fine when streaming sound to a bluetooth speaker except for the following: If I have my right palm resting on the laptop, like you would if you were typing words, the sound cuts out completely. If I lift my palm off the surface, it works but it is not very comfortable or something you want to do for a long period of time. I tore it apart and noticed the bluetooth device is right below where the palm rests on the keyboard. I removed a screw and took out what I assume is an antenna and reseated it but that didn't make any difference. l doubt it is due to downward pressure as it feels pretty solid so I am guessing it is some type of electrical interference. This does not make sense because my hand is the new CyborgX RH80 model and it is certified to be free of this issue (unlike its predecessor model RH79). Any ideas on what is causing this issue and how to fix it?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 284
Message 2 of 3

Re: X220T Bluetooth Problem

Hello,

I have to admit I am completely unfamiliar with medical prosthesis, but Bluetooth operates in the 2.4GHz band, which is the microwave frequency range in the electromagnetic spectrum.  My guess is that the prosthesis is composed of some materials which absorbs microwave radiation (metals, electronics, etc.) and that is what is blocking the Bluetooth signal.

Normally, I would tell someone to check if something is going to interfere with a Bluetooth signal by asking them to put it in a microwave oven for a few seconds and see if it gets warm, but this should not be done with the prosthesis as that would damage it, and I know they are very expensive as each one has to be individually manufactured and customized for the wearer.

I would suggest checking with your physician or the manufacturer to find out more about how your prosthesis is constructed and if they have any suggestions.  In the meantime, as a workaround, you could use an external USB Bluetooth adapter in one of the X220t's unobstucted USB ports, and that should work fine.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee.

L380 YogaP72 (20MB-*)P50 (20EN-*)S230u (3347-4HU)T23 (2648-LU7)T42 (2378-R4U)T43p (2678-H7U)T61p (6459-CTO)W510 (4318-CTO)W530 (2441-4R3)W530 (2441-4R3)X100e (3508-CTO)X120e (0596-CTO)X220 (4286-CTO)X250 (20CM-*)Yoga 370

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

rossmo1
Token Ring
Views: 276
Message 3 of 3

Re: X220T Bluetooth Problem

Thanks. I didn't know I could buy a bluetooth dongle. Will give that a try.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors