Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Accophox
What's DOS?
Views: 530
Message 1 of 4

X230 Battery Issue

Hi - possibly having some issues with my battery. I've owned the system (X230) for under a year, but the battery life has dropped off significantly since I purchased the machine.

I ordered it with a 9 cell, 94WHr battery... As of right now, grabbing the battery report from Windows (the utility bundled with 8) tells me that my laptop is capable of full charge to 75WHr, and the rated capacity is about 86WHr.

Now, the funny thing is, according to the same report, I've only been on battery for about 117 Hours... Which any conservative estimate - saying 5 hours per full charge, would put it only at about 25 cycles.

I've attached the battery report as a link for anybody that cares to have a look over it on my Google Drive. Save it to your desktop (antivirus, if necessary), and have a look. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6cMyYBAjcPJY0NiNjVxU2hPV0E/edit?usp=sharing

Any advice on this issue would be quite welcome, thanks.

sunil23
Punch Card
Views: 493
Message 2 of 4

Re: X230 Battery Issue

Hey there i've been having the same problem as well! I dont know whether its something wrong with the battery or my cpu as its constantly showing about 10% usage. Luckily i have a 3 year warranty so I can order a new one but it seems strange that the battery life can suddenly decrease from over 10 hours to about 6-7

sunil23
Punch Card
Views: 472
Message 3 of 4

Update on the battery issue: its suddenly dropped again to 3 hours what an absolute bummer!!! its probably a bad cell but this is a similar problem i had on an edge e530 where even the new batteries would suddenly drop off and reduce the battery life. I dont know what the hell is wrong with these batteries my sister's x220 one has lasted for 2 years and is still giving about 12 hours worth of battery life.

sunil23
Punch Card
Views: 466
Message 4 of 4

Im going to try this method tonight i suspect its not a battery issue but the way in which the computer is reading the battery levels

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/199389-shut-down-computer-remove-all-power-sources-hold-...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors