cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NidanG
What's DOS?
Views: 422
Message 1 of 3

X230 Most Glitchy Ridiculous! 3.5 Combined Hours On Hold... Still No Support!

First boot out of box "a problem for this error could not be found. Lenovo is constanly updating drivers...". Second boot, blue screen of death (dump message). Windows updates fail. Keeps installing updates and reverting changes due to failure. Lenovo updates not installing properly either. After install, updates keep showing available and reinstall. Thinkvantage system update freezes on 21%. Wifi keeps going to no signal. This computer is like a sick joke, the support has been even worse. They want to charge me for software support. "This type of support is not covered in your 3 year + accidental protection warranty, there will be a fee to resolve this"

PNutts
Token Ring
Views: 401
Message 2 of 3

Re: X230 Most Glitchy Ridiculous! 3.5 Combined Hours On Hold... Still No Support!

If you haven't got very far updating and configuring it, I'd do the factory reimage and try again. Good luck! (I just received an x230 and fortunately didn't have your experience).

syrious
Punch Card
Views: 263
Message 3 of 3

Re: X230 Most Glitchy Ridiculous! 3.5 Combined Hours On Hold... Still No Support!

I've noticed of the X series, in the last 3 years of buying Lenovo laptops.

This x230 model straight sucks.

This is the most problematic laptop we've purchased since Lenovo sent out a bad batch of motherboards on the previous x220 release.

Issue # 1 - windows update KB 2647753 - will not install consecutively with other updates.

Issue # 2 - Freezing at welcome screen after pressing ctrl+alt+del - defective memory or motherboard

Issue# 3 - Ultranav and touchpad driver issues, Lenovo not having the correct version available on TVSU.

I'm sure I will find more issues, but we had purchased 4 of these. 1 I sent back after the windows update issue#1, the user didn't want the laptop, thought it was defective, The other I am about to have the mobo replaced under warranty for issue #2

Hopefully Lenovo will iron this out, otherwise we will be moving to the x1 carbon.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors