Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lahirusena
Paper Tape
Views: 1,658
Message 1 of 7

X230 No win 8 license Information

I recenty bought lenovo X230 which said comes with windows 8. when i booted the machine i found it was with win 7 and i could not even activate win 7. I have contacted the seller and told me license information of windows 8 comes in bios. I have no windows sticker in my laptop. Please tell me where to find my win 8 licence info.

jpou
Token Ring
Views: 1,630
Message 2 of 7

Re: X230 No win 8 license Information

have you tried looking under the battery?

---
T430s (i7 / HD+ / Intel 520 SSD / 16 GB Ram)
Previous: X60s, Portégé R100
ceb
WWAN
Views: 1,608
Message 3 of 7

On a computer originally delivered with Win 8, the activation information is stored in UEFI (BIOS)

However, sine the computer you received was loaded with Win 7, it really isn't possible to tell if your computer includes the Win8 information.

ThorsHammer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,578
Message 4 of 7

@lahirusena wrote:

I recenty bought lenovo X230 which said comes with windows 8. when i booted the machine i found it was with win 7 and i could not even activate win 7. I have contacted the seller and told me license information of windows 8 comes in bios. I have no windows sticker in my laptop. Please tell me where to find my win 8 licence info.

If you take a Windows 8 disk and flatten the machine in order to install a fresh copy of Windows 8, it should install and activate Windows 8 without issue.

NarmaK
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,449
Message 5 of 7

Hi. Did you find a fix for the issue you had with win 8 license info missing? Mine is an almost similar problem and the lenovo reps were of no help whatsoever. I'm curious to know if you had much success with them.

ThorsHammer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,426
Message 6 of 7

@NarmaK wrote:

Hi. Did you find a fix for the issue you had with win 8 license info missing? Mine is an almost similar problem and the lenovo reps were of no help whatsoever. I'm curious to know if you had much success with them.

It isn't missing.  It is embedded and hidden from view.

mutagen
Punch Card
Views: 1,389
Message 7 of 7

I have a X230i with two drives. An Intel 80GB SSD with Win7 Pro and a Samsung 128GB mSATA with Win8 Pro (the $14.99 upgrade from MS). I have used the freeware version of Magical Jelly Bean Key Finder on both to see the product key. My system is legacy BIOS. I have no experience (yet) with UEFI and don't know if it functions with it. (When installing Magical Jelly Bean, pay attention to the setup screens. It wants to install other stuff you may not want or need).

"Hello. My name is Joe and I am a Thinkpad addict." "Hello Joe. We understand."

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors