Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

03-11-2014

-

6 Signins

79 Page Views

• Views: 79
  • Message 1 of 4

[X230] Screen issues (black bars)

2014-03-11, 22:20 PM

Hi,

I've got a X230 with an IPS screen since 1,5 years, and I currently have some issues with it.

Sometimes, the bottom left of the screen blink and black bars appears, along with some square brightness shapes.

I'm pretty bad to description, so here an album of the problem : http://imgur.com/a/qIwj5#0 (it's more clear if you zoom).

Link to picture

This is a detail of the bottom left :

Link to picture

Again, this appear sometimes only, and a knock in the screen resolve the problem, but it's worrying.

Does someone has already have this kind of problems ?

Thanks for your responses !

(and sorry for my grammar, I'm french :) )

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

Answer
Options

1091 Posts

09-24-2013

Bangalore

558 Signins

43656 Page Views

• Views: 43656

Re: [X230] Screen issues (black bars)

2014-03-12, 11:19 AM

Hi,

Connect the system to an external monitor and check if it displays correctly. If it does, probably your LCD panel/invertor/cable had gone faulty. If it comes out the same way on the external monitor, you're looking at motherboard repair/replacement.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Best regards,

Mithun.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Replies(3)
Options

1091 Posts

09-24-2013

Bangalore

558 Signins

43656 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

2014-03-12, 6:21 AM

Hi,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

I would suggest you to try connecting an external display and check if the lines appear there too.

Update video drivers and change the refresh rate in AC adapter and battery power plans.

Check in BIOS if the black lines appear there as well. Have you tried changing the brightness levels?

Please let me know the happenings!

Best regards,

Mithun.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

03-11-2014

-

6 Signins

79 Page Views

• Views: 79
  • Message 3 of 4

2014-03-12, 10:51 AM

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

It's a good idea to connect to an external display, I'll do it and report when the problem re-appears.

In the picture I was testing Ubuntu (with full brightness and 60 hz refresh rate), but I usually use Windows 7 (under 50 hz) and I've got the same problem even if I change the brightness or reboot, so I think it's a hardware problem.

If I shutdown the PC completly or knock the bezel under the display, the problem disappear.

Drivers & BIOS are up-to-date.

Have you got any ideas how to solve it ?

Do I have to send it to the warranty service ?

Thanks !

Answer
Options

1091 Posts

09-24-2013

Bangalore

558 Signins

43656 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2014-03-12, 11:19 AM

Hi,

Connect the system to an external monitor and check if it displays correctly. If it does, probably your LCD panel/invertor/cable had gone faulty. If it comes out the same way on the external monitor, you're looking at motherboard repair/replacement.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Best regards,

Mithun.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms