Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G-Force
Paper Tape
Views: 1,528
Message 1 of 4

X230 Windows 10 Trackpoint sensitivity

Hi all,

Since installing Windows 10 I am unable to change the sensitivity of the Trackpoint. I have to press insanely hard to get the cursor to move at a reasonable speed and it makes the machine rather useless for me. In Windows and 8.1 I had the options to change the sensitivity so the cursor would move on a light touch of the Trackpoint.

Why has this function been removed? And is it coming back? X230 is officially supported for Windows 10 so you would say you at least get the options of changing the sensitivity.

The latest drivers are installed using Lenovo System Update.

At this point I'm seriously considering downgrading to 8.1 just to make the Trackpoint usable again.

Thanks!

G-Force
Paper Tape
Views: 1,421
Message 2 of 4

Re: X230 Windows 10 Trackpoint sensitivity

Any news on this Lenovo?

X301User
Paper Tape
Views: 1,308
Message 3 of 4

Hi G-Force,

In you still haven't found a solution....

I just had the same problem after my upgrade today to Windows 10...the including Synaptics driver dropped sensitivity support.  But if you download the 'latest' driver from support here today (Driver v.19.0.17.27 dated 2015-10-20) you can get it back.  After downloading, Windows will warn that it's older than the bundled W10 driver, so you'll have to uninstall the W10 driver, reboot, and install 10.0.17.27.  Then, thankfully, sensitivity control will return.

Marc

X301User
Paper Tape
Views: 1,301
Message 4 of 4

Scratch that.  W10, in it's infinite wisdom, decided on the next boot that I wanted to automatically update to a newer version of the driver (the one I reported to you above).

I just manually extracted the driver from the Lenovo download and overwrote the driver in the System32 windows folder.  Hopefully it sticks.

The correct version number that brings back the trackpoint sensitivity is 16.2.19.14, Driver Date 7/25/2014.

Top Kudoed Authors