Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajbritain4
Paper Tape
Views: 965
Message 1 of 4

X230 dead after plugging in charger

Hi

I've been using my X220i for the last 3 years or so and decided to upgrade to an i7 X230 a few days ago.

After a few days of no problems, using the same charger I've been using on my X220 (the 90w slim travel charger) I plugged it in to charge while the laptop was powered on.

The laptop powered off instantly and now it will not power on again. There are no status lights visible and nothing happens when I plug it in.

I have done all the steps of removing the battery and pressing the power button etc and on putting the battery back in the fingerprint sensor light was flickering orange - it is now back to no signs of life at all again other than the left side of the palmrest gets hot when I insert the battery.

I am strongly suspecting a fault with the charger fried the motherboard when I plugged it in but am wondering if anyone else has any suggestions before i try to make a claim within my remaining 1 week of warranty.

Thnaks

ksue
Fanfold Paper
Views: 828
Message 2 of 4

Re: X230 dead after plugging in charger

anthonynaui
Blue Screen Again
Views: 662
Message 3 of 4

I have the same problem too bro! Did you manage to fix yours??

ajbritain4
Paper Tape
Views: 518
Message 4 of 4

I'm sorrry for the lack of reply, hopefully this is still of some use. I placed a warranty claim and the tech came out and confirmed the board was fried, replaced it and all has been well since.

Top Kudoed Authors