Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SSDee
Token Ring
Views: 2,480
Message 1 of 3

X230 docking options

@Lead was kind enough to point out the Ultrabase as an option for docking the X230. I was using an extra 433830U mini-dock I bought for my W520.

I suppose the new 433815U with USB 3.0 might be a good choice with the X230.

I'm able to drive two external monitors off the mini-dock. It appears to me that the Ultrabase has but one Displayport connector.

Does anyone have a recommendation of one over the other (Ultrabase vs. mini-dock)?

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 2,461
Message 2 of 3

Re: X230 docking options

the only reason why you would get the ultrabase now is to get the ultrabay drives. If you don't need that then mini dock series 3 is a better choice.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Guyp
What's DOS?
Views: 1,744
Message 3 of 3

Re: X230 docking options

I have a 4 month old X230T, i7 running Windows 7.  To get dual monitors I purchased the Lenovo 3.0 Dock, Model DU9019D1.  Afteer I loaded the supplied drivers from the included CD I got the Blue Screen of Death.  The only way out was a restore point I had manually created prior to loading those drivers. Lenovo Tech Support in Atlanta was unable to assist with this issue so I am returning the Dock and will purchase it again only AFTER Lenovo:

1. On the supplied CD changes the software so a restore point is AUTOMATICALLY created before the driver load starts; and

2. Makes the drivers compatible with the X230T.

This is a request to Lenovo, and a warning to others about the Lenove 3.0 Dock. 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors