cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
orientalmed
Punch Card
Views: 1,303
Message 1 of 4

X230 i7 with very poor benchmark results ?? SECOND HAND aquisition.

Hy,

I finaly bought an x230 second hand, I7, IPS, 8Gram SSD.

I pay the device and it is in testing probe ( 2 days warranty)

I stressed the device and i found one strange think:

On CPU z it display:

Core I7 3520M core speed 1198Mhz

multiplier x12  ( 12-36)

and BUS SPEED 99.83 MHZ  ( in benchmarks all the cpu are about 200 mhz) IS normal?

on cpu and gpu test is is very ..poor compaired also against old 2 core processors in benchmarks..

itested also with primatelabs com my asus x202e, core i3 and i have better results with i3!!

and the passmark tests are very poor even compared with the similar results on the site.i have 1793 points and the  site test show that is normal an score of 4552. !!!

also i am in the power option in maximum performance.

I entered in the Bios  but no way to change something on the cpu...

why is so?

Also the keyboard seems not to bee fittet well , it is up wit 2 mm and have a space down , to the finger reader sensor.

It is fiiting back easely?

Theank you and sorry for my english

Dan

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,263
Message 2 of 4

Re: X230 i7 with very poor benchmark results ?? SECOND HAND aquisition.

Hi,

did you apply Intel chipset package?
Nothing spaces between palmrest and case, nothing lifts, backlashes, deflection should be. Construction of x230 is almost solid.

I'd assume the cause of issue is unproperly applyed antennas cables under the palmrest.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

orientalmed
Punch Card
Views: 1,247
Message 3 of 4

Thank you

regarding the I7 performance i found the sollution: the charger is 65W, and without battery the sistem in in a sort of..low performance mode with low I7 score on benchmarks.

If I attach the battery or i put an 95 w charger the situation is...4 time greater the benchmarks score.

I do not know hothing about intel chipset...

The keyboard is up to the screen with about 2 mm. I think is  inproprer replacement or intervention.

PROBLEM: it seems that ihe screen causes me some eye strain...I updatet the video driver. It seems a litle better but canot compare with my asus.

Also the audio is horible...if i put the leptop on a desk

but if i put th elaptiop on my knee the audio is acceptable..

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,224
Message 4 of 4

Regarding the screen change the refresh rate to the 60 Hz in the Intel Graphics Control Panel options.

Also the eyes discomfort might be caused by the LED backlight PWM frequency, as result the screen flickers. The default value is 210 Hz, probably your eyes need bigger value.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors