02-15-2018

CA

4 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 1 of 2

X230 mini PCIe mSATA

2018-02-15, 20:53 PM

Are there X230 models that have mini PCIe ports that aren't connected to a SATA controller? Would I be able to see it in Lenovo diagnostics (the F10 tool)?

I recently purchased a X230 model 2425BW1 and Samsung 128GB mSATA. Upon installing, I noticed immediately that it wasn't being detected in the BIOS. I've tested the drive and confirmed it is working.

When I messaged the seller I was told that the mini PCIe slot was for connectivity only (WWAN, WLAN etc.).

So I decided to look into the PSREF to show him that the port accepts a mSATA drive as well, but I couldn't find anything on my particular model (2425BW1). I also do not have access to a other mSATA drive nor do I have a WWAN card to try.

I'm trying to determine whether it is my drive that's incompatible with my X230 or a defective/malfunctioning mini PCIe port that isn't seeing the drive. I have updated to BIOS 2.70 and EC version 1.14. Couldn't find anyone else with an issue like mine. I thought ALL X230 with WWAN upgrade option could take an mSATA drive. 

Thanks!

Options

7972 Posts

01-13-2008

US

77048 Signins

2175243 Page Views

• Views: 2175243
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X230 mini PCIe mSATA

2018-02-15, 21:44 PM

The HMM seems to think that an mSATA drive should work. Page 70:

Hardware Maintenance Manual

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete