Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libero
Paper Tape
Views: 1,006
Message 1 of 4

X230 new LCD cable

Hi, I had a broken LCD problem (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x230-LCD-with-vertical-black-lines-fixed-by-t...).

So I ordered a new screen but the connector is different: the new screen has a 30 pin connector while the old cable (n. 04W1679 from https://support.lenovo.com/it/en/partslookup) is bigger, now I don't know how to find a proper cable.

The screen model is M125NWN1 R0.

Which cable should I buy? I don't understand how to choose the right one.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 999
Message 2 of 4

Re: X230 new LCD cable

Unfortunately, not a cable or connector are the key problem. Your new LCD has another signaling interface eDP, while x230 supports older one LVDS. They aren't compatible even if you'll find the cable with 30 pins connector.

There is a way to use eDP LCD if you'll add additional, 3rd party, interface coverter kit, but it's a complicated enough action, needs skills.

So, replace new LCD to LGD LP125WH2-SLB3, x230 compatible IPS panel.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Libero
Paper Tape
Views: 995
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply!

I find it strange that  the seller labelled the item as x230 replacement screen then..

I'll ask for refund and buy a different item if there's no solution.

Libero
Paper Tape
Views: 923
Message 4 of 4

well, IPS screen is another dimension Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors