Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrex
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,477
Message 1 of 9

X230 power manager battery always 45n1023

Hi,

I'm new to the forums, and I tried searching my problem but I couldn't find anything so I decided to post to get some quick help.

I had my x230 and never had problem with this for a long time.  Recently I decided to purchase a 9cell battery 44++.  Given the oppurtunity of being in singapore I went around to find a geniune lenovo 44++ battery for my x230.

So I got this 44++ with fru 45n1029 put it on my laptop put the ac and boot the machine.  Then I went to the power manager and notice that it still says 45n1023  tried to reinstall my power manager but still says the same 45n1023.

I wanted to know if there something wrong or how to I make power manager recognize my new battery?

Is my battery geniune?  I'm attaching an image below of the new battery

I hope someone can shed some light about my concern.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc158/sceptile_ray/Computer%20parts/20140623_203911.jpg

and here is the information about the battery that power management shows:

lenovo power management.png

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,439
Message 2 of 9

Re: X230 power manager battery always 45n1023

Hi,

The Power Manager settings as well as the battery parameters are stored in the registry. So if PM could be removed at all (!) those parameters should be reset. But I hope it's not a single solution.

I'm not sure will it help or no, but you might perform the following steps:
- PM menu (mouse right click on the battery icon), "Remove and Replace Battery" item,
- battery reset.

Also let me give you another advice: change the battery charge thresholds for its healthy and lifespan, do not charge it fully.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

andrex
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,427
Message 3 of 9

@x220forme wrote:

Hi,

The Power Manager settings as well as the battery parameters are stored in the registry. So if PM could be removed at all (!) those parameters should be reset. But I hope it's not a single solution.

I'm not sure will it help or no, but you might perform the following steps:
- PM menu (mouse right click on the battery icon), "Remove and Replace Battery" item,
- battery reset.

Also let me give you another advice: change the battery charge thresholds for its healthy and lifespan, do not charge it fully.

Thanks for the response,

I did try replace and remove option, switch betweennew 45n1029 and my old 45n1023  when I switch to the old one the values in the power manager indeed change and is the same with the battery label but when I swap it again with the new battery the values change but is not the same with the battery label, barcode is not the same and  FRU

I wish I could do battery reset and change the treshold but in my power manager the option was gone.  The buttons should been under the box with the condition of the battery but it's not there anymore I'm attahing a screen shot

lenovo power management 2.png

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,403
Message 4 of 9

I see... Unusually.
Do you have administrative privilege?

OK.
Remove PM at all? Then check out the registry for PM parameters. If they are still persist use CCleaner.

The key word for the fast search in the registry could be the old battery bar-code number.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

andrex
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,392
Message 5 of 9

@x220forme wrote:
I see... Unusually.
Do you have administrative privilege?

OK.
Remove PM at all? Then check out the registry for PM parameters. If they are still persist use CCleaner.

The key word for the fast search in the registry could be the old battery bar-code number.

I haven't used ccleaner before.  I already installed it but don't know how to use it to remove registry key I do found there are two key for the battery the old and the new which is not matching with the actual battery.

Can you tell me how to use this ccleaner to remove the PM parameters?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,378
Message 6 of 9

Let me ask you the question again - do you have administrative privilege?

I hope you've found registry keys refering to the laptop battery.

I'd perform the following steps.

Firstly remove PM in Control Panel completely. Note all power plans will be removed also so you can export them before.

Launch CCleaner, open Registry menu item, unselect all options, select "Obsolete Software" option, press "Scan for Issues" button. You should see registry keys refering to deleted applications. If you'll see the keys refering PM leave them only and press "Fix Selected Issues" button.

Of course you could delete the keys in regedit.exe application yourself. As well as delete PM within CCleaner.

Do not forget perform registry backup before you'll delete the keys within it. Even more - complete system backup is the very good first step.

andrex
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,368
Message 7 of 9

I do have administrative priviledges tried what you have said but still the power management values are not matching with the battery's labels.

So I guess this is not a legit lenovo product?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,354
Message 8 of 9

Do you see still the old battery parameters within the registry?
Is the new battery able to be charged?

Unfortunately in addition to the already discussed behaviour the new battery has even external signs to be called "fake".

1. Definitely the symbols "KC 2013.05" on the bar-code sticker means the manufacturing date. It contradicts the battery manufacturing date inside of the bar-code - 2012.12.29.

2. Look at the low field label: CAUTION label includes the word "enother". Original LG batteries don't have "typos", that word should be "another".

Unfortunately your case isn't the first. Look at the thread below:
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/Buyers-Beware-Fake-Lenovo-battery-seller-bt-fl...

andrex
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,341
Message 9 of 9

The old battery paramters are not there anymore since I reinstalled power manager and cleaned the registry.

Once I inserted the suppose to be 44++ battery the parameter still didn't match to the labels in the battery itself.

The new battery is charging.  But wierd thingi s it charges as qiuck as my old 44+ battery I expect it to take longer.  And only laster 5 ~ 6 hours same as the old one which it should last to about 9 hours.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors