Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JacobMortensen
Paper Tape
Views: 2,606
Message 1 of 5

X230 - "No Supported WAN".

Hi there,

I have got a lovely X230, and I am trying to get the mobile broadband working, but so far without any luck.

I have no idea of which card-driver should be installed, since I dont know the specific type of part in the computer. Therefore I've tried with all the drivers (Ericsson, Qualcomm and Sierra). 

None of the drivers seems to do any difference. When I try to install the "Lenovo Mobile Broadband Activation", I get the error message: "There is no supported wireless WAN card installed in this computer. This setup cannot continue".

I assume it is caused by, that the WAN/Driver hasnt been installed correctly, which is odd since I've tried with them all.

But to start in a place: How do I find out exactly which driver is needed for my laptop? The precicely model is: "X230 TYPE 2324-5F3 S/N xxxxxxx 13/05". I have not succeeded in finding the specific part from these numbers. I've tried to search for the specific model, but your search engine come with no result.

With the right driver in hand, I might do some progress in order to get my mobile broadband working :-)

Best regards

Jacob Mortensen

Moderator Note; s/n edited for member's own protection

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,594
Message 2 of 5

Re: X230 - "No Supported WAN".

Hi,

if you received laptop from European seller the most chance Ericsson h5321gw wwan card is installed.

Be sure:
1. WWAN AutoConfig service works
2. hardware radio switch (on the left bort side of the laptop case) is ON.
3. w/o wwan driver unknown devices shoud be presented in Device Manager. Are there anything?

In order to look everything is configured correctly open CMD window and type in the command:
netsh mbn sh int

Post the output results here.

---

2 AndyP:

s/n could help to look laptop configuration and wwan card model Smiley Happy

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

JacobMortensen
Paper Tape
Views: 2,581
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your quick answer!

1. Ive started the WWAN AutoConfig service - no change so far. 

2. Hardware radio switch is on. I am on Wi-Fi as well, so thats not the problem. I've also tried with fn+F5.

3. There is an unknown device, but a Google search told me that it is not that device. Its some kind of storage/AHCI-device.

14-05-2014 21-58-34.png

As you might see in the background, there is no "Ericsson network device" as well :-/ .

netsh mbn sh int tells:

wwansvc is not running.

2. I've really tried to find the place where I can use the S/N to look up the exact card model. But I really cant find it.

Again - thanks for your help

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,560
Message 4 of 5

Look at your 2nd post again. "WWANsvc" is a short name of WWAN Autoconfig service. Does it work anyway?

You can check out parts list of your laptiop by serial number at the page below:
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/partsLookup.page

Post here the output list.

Unfortunately there is a chance wwan card isn't installed into your laptop or it's fitted not correctly. At the same time specification's short description of your model includes "WWAN" - it means wwan card should be factory preinstalled.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,549
Message 5 of 5

ACPI\LEN0068 relates to Lenovo Power Management driver. W/o that driver wwan card can't work properly. So check it out and install the driver using ThinkVantage System Update or manually:
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=migr-4gxpeg

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors