Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
08BlkMamba24
Paper Tape
Views: 310
Message 1 of 1

X230 resolution issues

Hi there,

I was hoping someone could help me. I have an i5/8GB/128msata(Samsung) x230 that refuses to change screen resolutions when running a windows OS. Whenever I attempt to change the resolution ( whether it be through Intel management app or windows display setting) the drop down menu flickers/ flashes off before I have a chance to make a selection. This happens when connected to an external display as well as the notebook's LCD.

This behavior happens before drivers are installed as well as after think Vantage has been installed and patched up after clean builds of Windows7 OR 8 have been installed.

By this stage I thought that a hardware component was faulty. But after installing a copy of ubuntu I am able to change resolutions without any problems which is leading me to think that there is a misconfiguration somewhere within the windows environments.

The only other factor I am considering is an out of date firmware on the MSSD. As the laptop doesn't have a CD-Rom drive, how is it possible to create a USB bootible drive from the iso provided on the lenovo support website?

Thanks is Advance

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors