PH

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 1

X240... Black Screen

2020-05-24, 15:06 PM

Hello,

I am having graphics issues with my x240. It started after a windows 10 update. After the restart, the screen was blank/black screen but there was power.

Did a couple of troubleshooting like hard shutdown, emergency restart button below, then connected it to an external monitor... no display. Feeling defeated, I closed the lid and when I returned after a few minutes when I opened the lid display came up on the external monitor but not the laptop screen.

Started a new set of troubleshooting procedures from the internet... safe mode has display on the laptop screen, updating/reinstalling the drivers does not work, then reinstalling windows gave promising results but after windows updates display is black again after laptop restarts.

Using "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" works but is instantly updated by windows and Lenovo system update to Intel HD Graphic Family drivers.

The only thing that was enabled me to keep the display on the laptop is disabling the " Intel HD Graphic Family" on Display adapters at the Device Manager.

Will there be a patch or update for the graphics driver of x240? or any advice and help for the problem?

Thanks. Keep safe all.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete