Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maartenc
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,917
Message 1 of 10

X240 windows 7 freezes

Hi guys,

We bought 12 X240 pc's and installed a Windows 7 64bit OS on them. We are having problems on several laptop (5 so far) that they freeze several times a day. The mouse icon changes in the processing icon, you can still move your mouse but can't click anything or even press ctrl + alt + del. Have to long press the power key to get them to power off.

I already read that there were problems with the fingerprint reader software, uninstalled it but still having the problems (fingerprint reader is disabled in BIOS). Also upgraded the fingerprint reader software to the latest version on another pc, but same problem.

Ran solution center on one of the PC's, didn't find any problems. Ran system update and updated all to the latest version. Also tried to change the power settings to Performance mode in windows. But problem keeps coming back.

I tried installing the latest Intel graphics driver, but it fails to start stating that you need a version from the manufacturer.

No error messages in the windows event logs.

X240 modei is 20AL00C1MB.

Anyone any ideas where to look next?

KR,

Maarten

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,869
Message 2 of 10

Re: X240 windows 7 freezes

Hi, maartenc, and welcome to the forum.

Be sure laptops are free from the viruses or trojans.

Follow the thread below, some advices might help to find a cause:
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/Problems-with-performance-speed-on-my-T420/...

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

maartenc
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,853
Message 3 of 10

Hi x220forMe,

thanks for the reply. All laptops have avast pro antivirus running, I did a virus scan: no threads found.

The link you provided seems to be a different problem as the user can still use his keyboard.

The problem we have is that the system freezes. Only thing you can do is move the mouse.

I just had another freeze at the windows logon screen after a reboot.

OS is windows 7 pro 64bit

KR,

Maarten

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,845
Message 4 of 10

I agree symptoms seem a bit different. But the clue is a troubleshooting scenario in order to differ hardware reasons from software, system software from drivers.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

maartenc
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,816
Message 5 of 10

Hi,

Had a freeze in safe mode with only command prompt.

We now have 6 laptops with the problem, they all have the LITEONIT LCS-256M6S SSD.

Laptops with a SAMSUNG SSD don't have the problem.

I opened a problem ticket and they will send me replacement disks for the 6 laptops.

Hope this solves the problem.

Thanks for the help.

KR,

Maarten

nguyennpa
Punch Card
Views: 6,248
Message 6 of 10

Hi all

http://support.lenovo.com/vn/vi/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x24...

Standard Uninstallation Software name    :  Lenovo Fingerprint Manager Pro 8.0

1. Start Windows and logon with an administrator account.

2. Open Control Panel.

3. Make sure "Control Panel Home" is selected, and click Uninstall a program.

4. Select Lenovo Fingerprint Manager Pro, and click Uninstall or

Uninstall/Change.

5. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete uninstallation and

restart the computer.

CHANGES IN THIS RELEASE
Version 8.01.18

[Important updates]       

Fix: fix the issue that in Windows 7 operating system, the system intermittently hang up after upgrading to IE11.
Fix: fix the issue that LED light still respond after disabling LED function in software setting.
Fix: fix the issue that system may intermittently stay in "Please wait..." status after reboot.
Add: Logout function.
< 8.01.18>

-(Fix) fix the issue that in Windows 7 operating system, the system intermittently hang up after upgrading to IE11.
-(Fix) fix the issue that LED light still respond after disabling LED function in software setting.
-(Fix) fix the issue that system may intermittently stay in "Please wait..." status after reboot.
-(New) add Logout function.
-(New) add M79, E79 into supporting list.

< 8.01.11>

-(Fix) fix the issue that Cannot run .exe files after uninstalling Lenovo Fingerprint Software Pro from Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit Brazilian Portuguese language operating system.
-(New) Add accessibility support.

< 8.01.07>

-(Fix) Fix the issue cannot overinstall the same version.

< 8.01.05>

-(Fix) Fix the issue cannot boot to winRE after enrolled fingerprints.
-(Fix) Fix the issue cannot enable domain sign-in feature by admin user.

rzhestkov
Paper Tape
Views: 6,215
Message 7 of 10

Hi, all.

We have almost the same problem.

We bought 9 x240 (20AL0067RT) laptops. It freezes after loading and some system services terminating. We see in event viewer event id 37 at the time of freez:

"The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report."

for all 4 processors simultaneously.

We upgraded bios and all driver. We set maximum performance in bios.

The problem is still present.

RoshanEjaz
Serial Port
Views: 6,184
Message 8 of 10

Same issue listed here for me...

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/x240-Black-screen-AFTER-sleep/td-p/1433993/hig...

Have you tried speaking to Lenovo/IBM to see if they can assist you? but tbh I called them about this issue multiple times and didnt get very far, it has now been escalated to Lenovo managment so fingers crossed once I have a resolution I will let you know.

sridhpo
Paper Tape
Views: 5,881
Message 9 of 10

Try the fixes listed in this forum - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2681286/en-us

Gachene
Paper Tape
Views: 2,978
Message 10 of 10

X240 windows 7 Blue Screen

Hi Guys,

We have many X240 laptops and some users are complaining that they get blue screen. Does anyone has a solutions for this?

Thanks in advance,

GM

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors