Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZeroGravity_PL
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 903
Message 1 of 3

X250 New Display, Backlight not working

Hey everyone, 

I have a little problem with my notebook. I have just make a service ticket for my notebook because the display stopped to work. When the IT-service changed the display to a new one, the new one did work but without backlight. He tried to connect with an another display cable, but it was the same problem. What now? I have read something about backlight inverter, but I don't know if that is the problem. He took the new display and left my home only with that I need to wait for an another new display... He only checked the new display. Nothing else. I know that I need to wait, but what can be the possible solution? 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 893
Message 2 of 3

Re: X250 New Display, Backlight not working

There is no inverter.  Inverters are related to the old CCFL backlights that needed A/C current.  There is no way to diagnose without seeing it, but if the backlight came on before the screen was changed, my guess is that whoever changed the display didn't disconnect everything and drain capacitors so he or she blew the fuse on your motherboard.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
ZeroGravity_PL
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 887
Message 3 of 3

Re: X250 New Display, Backlight not working

That man from IT-Service only moved out the external battery, took out the old LCD panel, disconnect the LCD and connect the new. I couldn't access bios to power off the internal battery. So the laptop have had about 70% left before the old lcd stopped to work. He didn't pressed the reset button on the bottom of the notebook. After trying to connect the new display he tried to connect it with a new display cable. He simply disconnect the internal battery and connected after connecting the new display cable. Before the old display stopped to work, everything was working. The issue is that display is gray with black stripes, but the laptop was working. 

So what can I do now? :-(

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors