cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siewcu
What's DOS?
Views: 116
Message 1 of 2

X250 touchpad in X240 = trackpoint failure... what now?

As in topic. I've read something about upgrading X240 touchpad with one from X250 with buttons(bezel also, because mine was broken) after strong battle went well, I was happy owner of proper touchpad in my laptop. First start, buttons are working but trackpoint not. First thought - drivers. I went to System Update, downloaded new Synaptics driver, upgraded BIOS, changed nothing. Synaptics software stopped detecting trackpoint so I've removed all of their drivers, started again, still nothing. Next idea - maybe I've made a mistake when I was connecting keyboard and touchpad to motherboard. Disassembled, everything fine, I've tried to clean clear connectors, assembled, another start - nothing changed. So new drivers from SU again, reboot, and suprise - trackpoint was still dead and, to be worse, new drivers wasn't detecting again. Disassembly again, rechecked everything, still nothing. Old drivers found on some website about this upgrade - they weren't working at all, in mouse settings they crash every time I've changed to UltraNav tab. Drivers deleted, hardware check again, new drivers another time, newer BIOS and this thing isn't still working. I'm insanely mad, I've put a lot of hours trying to fix this and I have completely no idea what can be wrong. Do you have any idea what can I do now? Is there anything? Or maybe it's hardware failure and I need to install old touchpad to make this working again? Trackpoint buttons are working but only as single click, there is no way to keep them pressed in OS, physically pressed for 5 minutes but OS recognizes only single click.

siewcu
What's DOS?
Views: 74
Message 2 of 2

Re: X250 touchpad in X240 = trackpoint failure... what now?

Okay, problem solved. Previously I've got touchpad with cut fingerprint reader tape, now seller sent me X260 tape with good fingerprint reader tape, but now fingerprinter have stopped working. I don't know what to do.

Top Kudoed Authors