Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manga803
Fanfold Paper
Views: 915
Message 1 of 7

X250 warranty repair turnaround...

What's the typical turnaround for a covered warranty repair? My X250 depot status says waiting for back order system board.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 892
Message 2 of 7

Re: X250 warranty repair turnaround...

Hi manga803,

My experience has been 2-3 days turnaround if parts are in stock. If parts are not in stock... you're waiting for the delivery of the longest leadtime part.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
manga803
Fanfold Paper
Views: 856
Message 3 of 7

Aproaching over two weeks now on this warrant repair. Status hasn't changed. Anyone have any tips to get things moving?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 846
Message 4 of 7

What's the reason for the delay? If it's parts, you're waiting for them!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
manga803
Fanfold Paper
Views: 820
Message 5 of 7

Lenovo ended up having to issue a refund and cut me a check. Repair was waiting on systemboard with an ETA of "late July 2015". I bought this off eBay refurbished Lenovo-sealed box. Relieved warranty was honored.

markwyz1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 749
Message 6 of 7

The reason for the delay is because there are a lot of X250 machines with failing motherboards and they are short on parts.  Lenovo support in Atlanta Georgia verified this with me and flat out told me they didnt want to lie to me and say something untrue.  So far I have had 4 X250 machines with failed motherboards.  1 has been replaced.  2 are currently being replaced and the 4th machine is still in my posession and they are giving me a hard time getting this one replaced too even though I know the motherboard won't be available until late August (as per Lenovo had support told me previously) AND I have another 5th X250 that is getting stuck at the Lenovo screen.  For that one.....they are sendig me recovery media so I can reimage it......Im sure that one will be another motherboard issue....

Segadora
Blue Screen Again
Views: 233
Message 7 of 7

What are the symptoms? I might have a faulty system board to

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors