Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X260Noob
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,396
Message 1 of 3

X260 and docking station

Hi all, 

Bit of background first. I had a T440 laptop which has served me fine for a couple of years. I have two docks for it, one in the office with a dual monitor set-up and one at home with a 34" ultrawide. The T440 worked on both no issues.

However, I've just been upgraded to the X260, and whilst it works in the dock in the office no problem, I can't get it to place nice with the dock at home and the ultrawide monitor! 

I has some success last night, I got a pickture on the screen of the ultrawide but at the laptops native resolution, when I tried to change it to 3440 x 1440 the screen went black and I couldnt get it back. After that I've not been able to get a picture back on the screen.

If I sit the x260 in the dock with the lid open and start it up, when I get to the desktiop and go into the resolution settings it see's the ultrawide monitor, but I can't get anything to display on it!

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get it to work??

Thanks 

X260Noob
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,321
Message 2 of 3

Re: X260 and docking station

Can anyone help? I'm really struggling to get this working on my ultrawide.

X260Noob
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,304
Message 3 of 3

Re: X260 and docking station

Ok, I've made some progress but could really use some help getting it over the line.

I've managed to get the picture to display on my Acer Ultrawide when the x260 is docked with the lid down now, the only problem is it will only display a resolution of 1024 x 768. If I try to up the resolution to 3440 x 1440 (which is the recommended setting) the display goes off. Even is I try to bump it up to just 1152 x 864 the screen loses signal.

Any idea how I can get this to work??

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors