Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlackMiracle
Paper Tape
Views: 253
Message 1 of 2

X260 battery drained to 5% during sleeping overnight

I have received my new X260 laptop a month ago (also my first Lenovo), I did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro and a bunch of drivers. It has been working well until now.

Two days ago, I used it all-day with original adaptor plugged in. At the end of the day, I unplugged it and close the lid to put it to Sleep mode before I left work. The day after, I came to work and found my X260 battery was at 5%. I thought I have mistakenly set the Power Option so I checked and it was set to Sleep when I close the lid.

Yesterday, I did the same, put it to Sleep before leaving work, but this time I clicked Start > Power icon > Sleep to make sure it entered Sleep mode and I watched the red LED on the lid blink slowly.

Today I came to work and the battery was at 5% again!

I am suspecting that X260 woke up at some point during the night. I don't know how, no cables connected.

Please guide me if I need to update any driver or check any settings on Windows/BIOS.

Thank you.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 191
Message 2 of 2

Re: X260 battery drained to 5% during sleeping overnight

Look through Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> System to determine whether the system is unexpectedly coming out of sleep mode.  If so, see if there are any clues about why this is happening.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors